News and Events
Norwich Legal Walk
Date: Thursday, 6 June 2019
Time: 5:00 pm for 5:30 pm
Venue: The Forum, Bethel Street, Millennium Plain, Norwich NR2 1BH
The need for free legal advice centres has grown in the past few years. The recession has increased poverty and reduced support services. Meanwhile, funding for the advice centres themselves has reduced.
The Norwich Legal Walk is organised by The Eastern Legal Support Trust. The organisations they support:
- Prevent families being made homeless
- Prevent destitution
- Help older people gain the support to which they are entitled
- Help women and children who have been trafficked for domestic servitude or prostitution.
This year, the Norfolk CILEx Branch will be arranging a team to attend the walk. Join us on this 10km sponsored walk around Norwich, all to raise money for local advice services.
If you would like to join the walk, or for more information, please email us.
We look forward to seeing you there!
CILEx National Awards 2019
Date: Thursday, 5 September 2019
Venue: Madame Tussauds, Marylebone Road, Marylebone, London NW1 5LR
The CILEx National Awards were launched in 2018, the celebrate the exceptional talent, innovation and achievement of CILEx members, supporters and stakeholders.
We are delighted to announce that this year's host will be Claudia Winkleman, one of the best-known broadcasters in the UK, who regularly fronts the live television shows for both Red Nose Day and Sport Relief, as well as her regular hosting of Strictly Come Dancing.
The CILEx National Awards showcase and celebrate the excellent work, and achievements, of CILEx members, supporters and stakeholder partners.
These exclusive awards recognise individuals, organisations and teams that are providing exemplary service, advice and support to those seeking access to justice. Celebrating the innovative recruitment and professional development practice that are widening access to a career in the legal profession to a more diverse audience.
CILEx has been celebrating the achievements of its members, as well as their employers and partners for many years. We are proud to formally celebrate what we have always known: that we support and represent a wealth of talented people and organisations. We will be acknowledging those who are leading the way in an ever changing, forward thinking, professional legal services sector and whose work closely aligns to our mission, our vision and our values.
We encourage CILEx members, supporters and stakeholders to nominate yourselves, your colleagues or employers and help us to recognise and celebrate your success and the contribution you make to promoting the profession...
- Be recognised for your exceptional specialist technical knowledge and experience.
- Receive formal recognition for the excellent work that you do from CILEx, your peers, employers and legal sector representatives.
- Acknowledge and celebrate the professional development opportunities made available to you, and your colleagues, by your employer.
- Stand out from peers & competitors and raise your professional profile.
- Recognise and reward the hard work of colleagues, employers and peers who deliver excellent results for your clients, business and the public.
- Raise awareness of your status as an exemplary employer and showcase how you have set benchmarks for others to aspire to.
- Celebrate your contribution to widening access to justice, and to the legal profession.
... celebrate your achievements with CILEx
Nominations are now open.
Please click here to visit the CILEx National Awards 2019 website.
Annual General Meeting
On 13 February 2019, the Norfolk CILEx Branch held the Branch Annual General Meeting at Birketts Solicitors in Norwich. This was a great opportunity to catch up with old friends, make new acquaintances and discuss the future of the Branch.