News and Events
CILEx National Awards 2019
Date: Thursday, 5 September 2019
Venue: Madame Tussauds, Marylebone Road, Marylebone, London NW1 5LR
The CILEx National Awards were launched in 2018, the celebrate the exceptional talent, innovation and achievement of CILEx members, supporters and stakeholders.
We are delighted to announce that this year's host will be Claudia Winkleman, one of the best-known broadcasters in the UK, who regularly fronts the live television shows for both Red Nose Day and Sport Relief, as well as her regular hosting of Strictly Come Dancing.
The CILEx National Awards showcase and celebrate the excellent work, and achievements, of CILEx members, supporters and stakeholder partners.
These exclusive awards recognise individuals, organisations and teams that are providing exemplary service, advice and support to those seeking access to justice. Celebrating the innovative recruitment and professional development practice that are widening access to a career in the legal profession to a more diverse audience.
CILEx has been celebrating the achievements of its members, as well as their employers and partners for many years. We are proud to formally celebrate what we have always known: that we support and represent a wealth of talented people and organisations. We will be acknowledging those who are leading the way in an ever changing, forward thinking, professional legal services sector and whose work closely aligns to our mission, our vision and our values.
We encourage CILEx members, supporters and stakeholders to nominate yourselves, your colleagues or employers and help us to recognise and celebrate your success and the contribution you make to promoting the profession...
- Be recognised for your exceptional specialist technical knowledge and experience.
- Receive formal recognition for the excellent work that you do from CILEx, your peers, employers and legal sector representatives.
- Acknowledge and celebrate the professional development opportunities made available to you, and your colleagues, by your employer.
- Stand out from peers & competitors and raise your professional profile.
- Recognise and reward the hard work of colleagues, employers and peers who deliver excellent results for your clients, business and the public.
- Raise awareness of your status as an exemplary employer and showcase how you have set benchmarks for others to aspire to.
- Celebrate your contribution to widening access to justice, and to the legal profession.
... celebrate your achievements with CILEx
Nominations are now open.
Please click here to visit the CILEx National Awards 2019 website.
Annual General Meeting
The Liverpool Branch held its Annual General Meeting at MSB Solicitors in Liverpool on 28 February. It was a great opportunity to meet new contacts, catch up with old friends and discuss the future of the Liverpool Branch.
Our Treasurer John McCreanney Speaks at Liverpool Law Society Event - 'Pathways to the Legal Profession'
In keeping with the Society's desire to be inclusive and encourage entry to the profession from all backgrounds, students from all schools and colleges across Merseyside were invited to attend the information-giving event on 7 February 2018. The Lord Mayor of Liverpool, Councillor Malcolm Kennedy, welcomed over 130 pupils and teachers from 22 schools to the Liverpool Town Hall.
A panel of speakers from key institutions across the city outlined the various entry routes into the Law – from the traditional university route to the modern apprenticeship route, and other options in between. Directors of Liverpool Law Society were also present during the refreshment break to be on hand to answer any of the young adults' queries.
The thanks of the Society are given to Slater and Gordon who not only sponsored the event but also provided an apprentice speaker to talk about their day-to-day working life. Thanks also go to the other speakers and organisations supporting the event: BPP, CILEx, Hill Dickinson, Liverpool John Moores University, Merseyside Junior Lawyers Division, University of Law, and the University of Liverpool.
Much positive feedback was received from the students and teachers who attended the event:
Liverpool Law Society Annual Dinner
- “It provided a great deal of information quickly and succinctly. It was very enjoyable and helpful. All the speakers were helpful and friendly.” Merchant Taylors’ Boys’ School student.
- “Great experience” Greenbank High School student.
- “The people who have spoken at the event are incredibly knowledgeable and able to provide advice regarding law and careers associated with law” Holly Lodge Girls’ College student.
- “The experience today has been essential in providing information about law. The speakers were incredibly inspirational” Sacred Heart Catholic College student.
- “Very informative.” West Kirby Grammar School teacher
- “Great venue and the stands and people on the stands were useful and insightful and easy to talk to.” Birkenhead School student.
- “I learnt a lot about the different routes into law and got a chance to ask questions to solicitors. I really enjoyed the event and feel that it has broadened my knowledge of law in general and as a career choice” Upton Hall School FCJ student.
The branch would like to thank the Liverpool Law Society for inviting us to their annual dinner. It was a wonderful evening and we look forward to maintaining our links in the future.